What is the Bebras Challenge?
Bebras is an international student competition, a challenge, on Computational Thinking and in Cyprus is organized by the Cyprus Computer Society in cooperation with the ICT Teachers Association under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
The goal is to promote Computational Thinking among students in a way that advances student ability beyond science and mathematical skills and enhance the students' analtyical, algorithmic and problem solving skills.
- It is organized for the Gymnasium students
- It is offered both in the Greek and English languages
- Students from both the public and private schools can participate
- The challenge is made up of 20 questions ranging in difficulty.
- It consists of two rounds
- The first round is open for a whole week for students to attempt from the school or home without supervision
- The second round is organized in schools under supervision
- Students are able to log back in after the challenge has closed, see their results and review the tasks
- Teachers and parents are able to register their students/children
- Certificates of participation are given to all students
- An awards ceremony is organized for the winners of each class
As ICT becomes a commonly used tool of education, this playful contest ensures that both boys and girls equally benefit from it. We are certain that Bebras encourages students to learn skills as well as enduring fundamental knowledge that will be helpful in their future studies and in life in general.